Based in Manchester, Space is a fast growing, award-winning film and visual effects studio, creating high-end content for the advertising and television industries.
We are constantly looking for the industry’s best talent – enthusiastic people that have a hunger to work with some of the world’s best-known brands and TV shows. We produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX of the highest quality.
Our VFX team is made up of versatile independent thinkers who are more than just cogs in a machine. They have strong creative and technical input and are passionate about CGI, compositing and facing challenges they’ve never met before.
Their talents and enthusiasm suit them to a wide range of projects from dramatic photorealism to esoteric creative concepts.
We are looking for candidates with a desire to be integral to the success and growth of Space.
- The key requirement of this role will be to lead the current (and growing!) team of 3D artists. With a strong hands-on approach, the successful candidate will lead by example, as well as work closely with the Head of VFX and Coordinators.
- They will work in conjunction with senior team members to develop strategies and asses technical options, create production schedules and develop workflows to ensure all stages of Pre and Post-Production run according to prescribed deadlines.
- Confidently lead and organise the compositing team and provide technical support where required.
- Organise regular constructive desk rounds with the team.
- Host dailies with the compositing team and provide feedback and approvals.
- Be actively involved in identifying R&D at the pre-production stage as well as through each project.
- Help define the creative and technical approach for each production.
- Take part in regular meetings with senior team members and production leads to examine, improve and implement changes to the VFX pipeline where required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with senior clients at an appropriate level.
- Possess a desire to share knowledge and experience with others.
- The ability to self-critique.
- A minimum of 3 years CG leadership experience on live-action commercials, drama or feature film productions.
- A full working knowledge of the VFX pipeline.
- Technical Director knowledge of 3D software packages and VFX pipeline tools. Specifically Maya, Houdini, Vray, Deadline and Shotgrid.
- Experience with Python essential.
- Excellent problem solving essential.
- An experienced, creative vision and a strong sense for fine detail.
- Experience of successfully delegating, mentoring and managing people and projects.
- Experience of clearly communicating with clients and producers to scope projects, VFX bids and proposals.
- Must have a sense of strong team dynamics and a possess a positive morale-building style.
- Strong showreel and references essential
Interested? If so, please email email@example.com with an intro to yourself, CV and link to your showreel.