Based in Manchester, Space is an award-winning film and visual effects studio, creating high-end content for the advertising and television industries.
As a growing business, Space is certainly ‘one to watch’. We are constantly looking for the industry’s best talent – enthusiastic people that have a hunger to work with some of the world’s best-known brands and TV shows. We produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX of the highest quality and are looking for candidates with a desire to be integral to the success of these projects.
The Post-Production Coordinator is the central point of contact for both clients and artists (internal and freelance) during the post-production phase of a project. They are responsible for ensuring projects are accurately quoted and resourced to ensure they are delivered on time and in budget.
- Working with the team internally to accurately scope and quote post-production requirements. Ensure scope of work and deliverables are clearly agreed by all parties upfront.
- During the initial scoping phase, ensure key queries are shared with the client at the appropriate technical level (most of our clients are not experts in CGI – it’s our job to guide them).
- Work with Heads of Department to interpret external creative briefs (client) and produce internal briefs (for artists) to ensure their time is used as effectively as possible.
- Creation of timing plans for all projects and maintaining positive relationships with clients at all stages.
- Management of post-production resource scheduling (internal and freelance) to ensure projects are delivered on time and in budget.
- Creation and management of artist shot lists using appropriate software to monitor and track progress.
- On certain projects (in the absence of a data ops person), manage incoming data/plates.
- Delivery of completed assets to client through the agreed method.
- Ensure internal timesheets are completed (daily or weekly) and inputting data from freelance (manual) timesheets.
- Ensure all freelance artists and suppliers have signed the necessary NDAs.
- Liaise between internal teams (heads of department, artists, producers) to ensure smooth workflow and delivery of assets to schedule and budget.
- Oversee all post-production deliverables as they pass through the business – arranging kick-off meetings, creative briefings, assigning artists to tasks, resource scheduling, client reviews, taking, interpreting and distributing client feedback, tracking profitability and costs.
- Help grow the business by encouraging repeat custom through strong procedures and excellent client care.
- Liaising with relevant departments heads to ensure that any technical operator issues are communicated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure team travel and accommodation arrangements are in place for on-set supervision.
We’re looking for a superstar with the following skills and experience:
- The candidate must be self-motivated, positive, extremely organised and patient with an eye for detail and a possess a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Experience working within a similar role essential (Co-ordinator, Account Executive, Account Manager etc.)
- Experience working to flexible hours and tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, prospects and members of the team.
- Have a sound working knowledge of the roles and capabilities within the post-production department.
- A good understanding of the digital workflows including VFX, 2D and 3D CGI, editing, grading and MGFX.
- A basic working knowledge of common delivery formats and methods.
Interested? If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an intro to yourself (including salary expectations) and a copy of your CV.