Based in Manchester, Space is an award-winning film and visual effects studio, creating high-end content for the advertising and television industries.
As a growing business, Space is certainly ‘one to watch’. We are constantly looking for the industry’s best talent – enthusiastic people that have a hunger to work with some of the world’s best-known brands and TV shows. We produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX of the highest quality and are looking for candidates with a desire to be integral to the success of these projects.
The VFX Producer is the central point of contact for both clients and artists (internal and freelance). They are ultimately responsible for ensuring projects are accurately quoted and resourced to ensure they are delivered on time and in budget.
- Working with the team internally to accurately scope and quote all visual effects requirements. Ensure scope of work and deliverables are clearly agreed by all parties upfront.
- Work with Heads of Department to interpret external creative briefs (client) and produce internal briefs (for artists) to ensure their time is used as effectively as possible.
- Creation of detailed timing plans for all projects and maintaining positive relationships with clients at all stages.
- Management of all VFX and Post-Production resource scheduling (internal and freelance) to ensure all projects are delivered on time and in budget.
- Creation and management of artist shot lists using appropriate software (ShotGrid) to monitor and track progress.
- Delivery of completed assets to client through the agreed method. Including delivery of TVCs to stations, where required.
- Ensure artist timesheets are completed (daily or weekly) and checking of freelance invoices.
- Ensure all freelance artists and suppliers have signed the necessary NDAs.
- Liaise between internal teams (heads of department, artists, producers) to ensure smooth workflow and delivery of assets to schedule and budget.
- Oversee post-production deliverables as they pass through the business – arranging kick-off meetings, creative briefings, assigning artists to tasks, resource scheduling, client reviews, taking, interpreting and distributing client feedback, tracking profitability and costs.
- Drive new VFX business through personal network and industry contacts.
- Help grow the business by encouraging repeat custom through strong procedures and excellent client care. Also by ensuring the appropriate margins are maintained across the project.
- Work with the IT team to ensure the business has the relevant hardware and software in place to deliver each project.
- Ensure team travel and accommodation arrangements are in place for on-set supervision.
We’re looking for a superstar with the following skills and experience:
- The candidate must be self-motivated, positive, patient, extremely organised with an eye for detail and a possess a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Experience working within a similar role essential (Post-Production Coordinator, Post Producer, VFX Producer, Project Manager etc.)
- Experience working to flexible hours and tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, prospects and members of the team.
- Have a sound working knowledge of all business roles, functions, capabilities and applications within the post-production department.
- A good understanding of the digital workflows including VFX, 2D and 3D CGI, editing, grading and MGFX.
- A working knowledge of common delivery formats and methods.
Interested? If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an intro to yourself (including salary expectations) and a copy of your CV.